Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Shea Mango Butter mixture

Finally....IM going to share my Shea Mango Butter hair moisturizer that I made. I wanted to try it out and its definitely worth sharing. It has made my hair super soft and really moisturized.


Supplies:
Unrefined Shea Butter
Manngo Butter
Monoi Tiare de Tahiti
Vegetable Glycerin
Honey
Coconut Oil
Hand mixer

I mixed the shea butter until it was creamy


then I added the mango and blended the 2


then I added the rest of the ingredients and blended until the mixture just about doubled in size and it was smooth
I washed, sanitized and reused some old hair products containers and poured the mixture into them to store. The first is a baby food container lol
I didnt measure out anything and I honestly didnt mean to make this much I forgot that when you whip it, it doubles. I try to use this everyday right after I spritz my hair and and before I go to bed and I have noticed that it leaves my hair so soft and moisturize.
The only thing that I will do differently is melt the Shea and Mango butter becuase there were little chunks of it in the mix, also Im going to experiment use EVOO and Jojoba Oil. As you can see all of the ingredients have moisture retaining properties.

4 comments:

  1. definitely, its all about experimenting

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I ordered from Crabapplesoap.com, on Feb 8th and I still don't have my products (today is the 20th). After 3 emails with no response, I had to open a PayPal dispute today, and once she saw that the dispute was open, she finally replied to my email. In her response, she called me a "nutcase" and told me that I was being unreasonable. I asked her for the tracking number, and the number she gave me was for something sent to Arizona. I live in Texas. Finally, she gave my a tracking number for a delivery to my zip code, but the US Post Office, told me that she didn't put down an address so they couldn't deliver it. And to add insult to injury she didn't ship the box until the 16th. I never received an email, confirming my order or a tracking number until I filed a dispute. Check Ripoffreport.com and search for "crabapplesoap" or "soapmakersgarden" you will be surprised at what you find. Glad your transaction went smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WWWWOOOWWWW is all I can say. Im sorry to hear that you had to go through that whole ordeal. Everything went smoothly when I placed the order and in a couple minutes I had an email confirming the order. Im going to checkout that website, seems like Im going to have to find another place to get my Shea Butter from. :-(

    ReplyDelete