Thursday, February 12, 2009

Plain 'Ole Tired

Sorry guys, Ive been tired and not really feeling like spending time on the computer...but Im back. So the last post I did I had perm rod set my hair and that was last Fri and Ive actually been wearing my hair in the same style all week. I dont know but I prefer older curls, especially when the hair starts to puff out, verses newer ones. Since I started my hair journey, this has been the longest Ive gone without doing anything to my head. Actually I needed a break, its a very tedious process and with work and my son I just needed to step back from the routine for a quick minute but now Im back.

I havent washed or styled my hair since last Fri, but I have been moisturizing it with my whipped Shea and Mango butter concoction I conjured up last Sat night and spritzing my hair with a 50/50 mixture of Aloe Vera Gelly and Vegetable Glycerin and a few drops of Rosemary and Peppermint EO. What I can say is that Shea and Mango Butter mixture is the BOMB!! My hair isnt dry and dull and its so soft. I noticed the difference Sun morning when I went to fluff my hair for work. It was hydrated and extremely soft and I was taken aback by it actually. I have always known my hair to be very coarse and similar to Brillo pads, in texture, but it actually felt like Cotton....can you believe it?!?! What I did the night before I just sealed my ends with the Shea Mango Butter and rubbed some in my entire head, sprayed my hair with the Aloe/Glycerin mixture and donned my satin bonnet and by the time I woke up, I had fluffy Cotton hair lol
Im not really sure what I want to do with my hair this week, Im working on Valentine's Day night so its not like Im going out. My boyfriend really like the curls and liked when I separated them even better so I might do that again but separate the curls the next day instead of waiting a couple days.

No comments:

Post a Comment