Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Slow and steady wins the race

So I started my weight loss journey last Monday. My goal is to lose 20lbs
by May 09 and I've got my 2 friends on the bandwagon as well. I've had a gym membership to Lucille Roberts since last summer and I stopped going once I was about 3 months into my pregnancy. Now that my son is almost 22wks I think its time to get this weight off. I've actually lost the "baby weight" through breastfeefding that instantly took off the 20lbs I put on so now I'm essentially left with the weight I had before I was
pregnant and before I started working out.

My plan is to hit the gym everyday starting with 1 class and and I want to work my way up to doing 2 45 min classes and then 30 mins on the treadmill. I really enjoy the classes that they offer and I really like that gym because its an all women gym, you don't have to worry about a
a cute guy on the treadmill and being conscious of him while your working out. All of the women there are there for the same cause and there are women from every culture there.

Last week was a little rough and I only made it to the gym on Monday and this week I slept in on Monday because I had a busy weekend and needed to recharge. My lilttle sis is home on spring break and she came with me and enjoyed the workout. My starting weight was 186 and I'm at 184 as of yesterday so I'm getting there one pound at a time.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats :o) I really need to get back on an exercise routine :o)

    ReplyDelete