Friday, July 10, 2009

After the Twists are out

this pictures shows how much growth was made during the challenge. the top white fuzz ball is where the extenstions met.


Once I took out all of the twist I oiled my hair and did a 24 hour hot oil treatment. Once that was done this I carefully detangled each twist strand by strand, so I could retain as much hair as possible. Until now, Ive always just combed out the knots which is probably why my hair "never grew" I know now that I just wasnt retaining length. I learned this technique of detangling twists from Grow Afro Hair Long and I think that was the best piece of hair information that I have discovered thus far,
The big puff of hair on the right side is what came out from me detangling each twist, strand by strand and the left side is from when I detangled while co-washing.Here is my hair after the whole ordeal.

remember how I told you that my hair got completely pulled out in Feb 08? Well here is the current state of that section of hair. There is no longer a bald spot and the hair in that section is growing fine. Im so Happy. Ive been waiting so long to do some "Chiny Bumps" or Bantu Knots, whatever you wanna call it, becauseI couldnt because of the hair loss in the middle but now I can!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment